Tuesday 11 November 2014

Quilt progress

Ah, I have figured out how to do Email posting! This will make my blogging life much easier...
Here's how this quilt began --- an inspiring assortment of fabrics from my stash. I was obviously craving warmth...

I did some figuring to start with, then began sewing strip sets together: 



Halfway through, I decided that I did not want all the blocks to be identical. That's when things became difficult... Because to avoid having the same fabric in neighbouring patches turned out to be tricky. That's the downside of a scrappy triple Irish chain.


In the end, I had to do a lot of labelling to keep the correct order of strip sets, and a lot of piece-by-piece adding of patches...


But the quilt grew and grew, against all odds.


Next time I'll show you how far I got!

No comments: