Thursday 22 May 2014

Aborted Project

What do you think this quilt was going to be??


For those of you who recognized the templates: correct, a friend of mine was getting married and I had planned an ambitious blue&white wedding ring quilt. I chose the fabrics to have dark and light rings on white background, prepared the templates, got ready to cut --- and received a letter from the bride-to-be, in which she told me about her plans of making a wedding-ring quilt in memory of the wedding (they had a hand-binding ceremony and she wanted to use the fabric in the quilt).

Waaah!!! Well, I was glad I hadn't started cutting the pieces yet :) I can't make the same quilt pattern as her, of course... maybe, I'll keep the colours and make a different pattern. This is on the back burner for now, anyway :)

No comments: