Sunday 16 September 2012

Julia's Quilt Finito!

Okay, in the interest of ease and time, I stippled this quilt with rather big loops. My machine is quite slow on the different voltage in Europe. Maybe it's the adapter I use, but I haven't looked into a different model yet. I also bought a machine here that I use for piecing (I'd go mad piecing at the speed of my old Singer from Canada), but I haven't bought any attachments for free-motion quilting.


Amazingly, no problem quilting or putting on the binding, and ah! it was so pieceful and quiet to sew down the binding on the front...

Here's the finished product, delivered on schedule to my grandmother's:



Measures about 55 x 78 inches.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

That is so sweet! LOVE the name on the back with the flowers.

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

Hi,
I'm writing from Sew Sisters Quilt Shop. We're celebrating quilting/crafting bloggers in Canada this month with Blogathon Canada. Would be great if you would link up. More details here:
http://sewsisters.blogspot.ca/p/blogathon-canada.html
Thanks!
Carol