Sunday 6 May 2012

New home for my mobile

Is it possible to be crafty, yet BUY a case for one's mobile? Probably. People can do as they please.
I have too much fabric for that, especially too much fabric I like :)

I thought that I could do this hidden-seam case without looking at the instructions, since I did one just last year, but alas! after taking it apart twice because I hadn't sewn the right layers together, I checked and had my Aha! moment :)

Next time I'll definitely not use the sticky velcro patches (leftovers from a friend, thought they'd be useful for this kind of thing) - the glue just about killed my needle and the thread kept breaking when it got stuck in the glue. Hopefully I won't have further damage later, from glue that went further down into the machine...
One learns :)
The fabric on the flap is one of my all time favourites - I could look up what it is, but don't really car about names of designers etc. enough... I'm pretty sure it's MODA though ;) That's usually a safe bet with me.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I bought a case because I thought it would protect the touch screen better, but it still turns on and off whenever I bump my purse. Should've made one myself!

Unknown said...

Heh Christine...I have made some for the grandkids, etc. and they say the homemade ones are better than storebought. also make camera cases too.
We are back at the cottage, enjoying the spring here in Canada.