Saturday 19 February 2011

Wallhanging

Time to deal with some UFOs!

I put some very simple, yet perfectly matching borders around the sample I made for my beginner's quilt class two years ago.

This Hawaiian fabric matches wonderfully and loosens up the symmetry of the center disappearing 9-patch pattern. I highly suspect that the fabric isn't 100% cotton (I bought it at a liquidation sale for 2$/m), the weave looks weird. It also ran like crazy when I pre-washed it, but this might be a nice wall-hanging to spice up a dull room :) It makes me dream of going to Hawaii (there are island scenes printed in black lines on the red background), so I'm calling it Hawaiian Dream. It's about 30" x 40".


Jen's Tree quilt (see right panel for picture) is ready for quilting, yay! I had to buy extra pins to baste it... another biggy at 75" x 100".

1 comment:

Crispy said...

Lovely wallhanging!! It's so bright and cheerful :0)

Crispy