Wednesday 8 December 2010

Fabric, My Love

Indulge me in another post about my current favourite fabric!

I've put all the poppy fabric I posted about the other day through the wash. It's lovely to see it all unfolded!


These Michael Miller fabrics are awesome quality. They dried very quickly after coming out of the wash, and I looked at them, wondering if I had somehow ironed them already and forgotten about it! They smoothed out beautifully again. There was barely any stretching of the fabric (i.e. the cut-lines still matched up!!!) and the colours didn't run. (I used a shout colour catcher but it's as clean as can be.. (if there's no colour on those sheets, can I reuse them??? Does anyone now? I feel wasteful)).

Now I'm tempted to buy a ton more yardage of this print series, before I've even cut into it ;) I won't, but I want to!!! Just look at these fresh colours!


PS: Hah, "I won't but I want to"??? I just did!! 8 more yards from FabricFlair - I've been having an absolute wonderful experience with this Etsy store! Go and visit Christie yourself, she's so accomodating and extremely fast at getting orders out! (Shipping same day or next!)

4 comments:

Joan said...

What delicious fabrics!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh fabrics! they're beautiful!

Crispy said...

Oooo yummy fabrics!! I knew you couldn't resist a "little" bit more LOL.

Crispy

Bella Linguini said...

Those photos make me want to break into my stash of that line. I love Laura Gunn prints so much but I just don't know what to do with them. I can't wait to see what you create so I have some inspiration!