Monday 24 May 2010

Whoops

First I told you with big fanfare that my Apple Owl Quilt was pretty much finished, and then I never showed it to you, geesh! (at least I couldn't find it in the posts :)


I've been sleeping under this quilt for a couple of weeks now and it's lovely! I just enjoy the colours so much, they're mild, for want of a better expression, or maybe soothing expresses my feeling better...


Spirals galore!!!


Another finish - makes me happy happy happy :c) My UFO pile is decreasing every week!

And here once more, with a different perspective and some scale (thanks to the lovely quilt guild ladies for holding up the quilt!):

5 comments:

Leslie said...

so beautiful...i love that you are using it for you. i think we quilters have a tendency to make lots of quilts but make them for others.

Bella Linguini said...

Seconding what Leslie said... I am always reading blogs about gift quilts but rarely any where the quilter keeps one for her/himself.

The spiral quilting in it is fantastic! Has it been washed yet? I am curious about how it crinkles up after a wash. I love a good crinkle!

Crispy said...

Great quilt Christine, I was admiring the spirals in the first picture before I even read the rest of the post....perfect for this quilt.

Crispy

Rebekah said...

This is so pretty! I love how the khaki sets off the fabric line. And your spiral quilt is so cool! Great job!

Cristin said...

Well done!! Love the spiral quilting to boot! :-)