Tuesday 16 December 2008

Grandma's Teddy Bear Quilt (Four Patch and Panels)

Here's a quick quilt! I was inspired I guess, because my machine was just purring along.
My grandma collects teddy bears, so this will be a perfect wall hanging for her collection room.

The bear "Trip Around the World" panels came as is, with their blue or green border. I made Four Patch blocks to separate the panels, used some material from the Late Fall Quilt as border, and a cool bear fabric for the backing. Tadaaa! This was also my practice piece for free motion machine quilting. I just went ahead and did crazy patterns all around the yellow border to get a feeling for the machine. That helped a lot with the quilting on the Late Fall Quilt.

I put in a little free motion heart on every side of the border...

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love your Grandma's Teddy Bear Quilt! Very nice colors andn workmanship.